- Free Trial
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 25, 2012
- [+] More Details
A review of TopDesk by Fernando Ortega
Depending on which version of Windows you're running, if you're a power user you have probably used the Alt-Tab hotkey before to switch between work spaces and Windows. Windows XP doesn't necessarily provide any graphical enhancements while newer versions of MS operating systems like Vista and Windows 7 use a lot of resources to display the Alt Tab interface in a very intensive manner by default.
That's exactly why TopDesk was created. It is essentially a replacement to the clunky Windows Alt Tab interface and pulls it off nicely. TopDesk offers three different windows views to users and each one of them are eye candy galore.
The main functionality of TopDesk is something that you already have if you're running one of the many newer versions of Windows.. but if you're looking for something a little bit more special, then this application might be for you.
The three window layout modes are impressive, and you'll be given the option to select between one of them. They are "Grid", "Flip" and "Spatial". The actual shortcut you'll be forced to use is not Alt Tab like you're used to, but more likely the Windows key Tab.
In order to make TopDesk work smoothly, you're able to change between both 16-bit and 32-bit image modes. In the lesser (16-bit), expect that the graphical elements in TopDesk to render quicker and thus the application to run smoother on lower-spec systems. 32-bit would obviously be the opposite.
Overall, however, TopDesk is an excellent application which makes Windows graphics look amateur. Highly recommended if you're big on graphics.TopDesk features and highlights:
- Swiftly select a window from an Expose-like or Flip3D-like view thumbnail view of all windows, including minimized windows.
- Rapidly switch between an application's windows using a thumbnail view of all windows that belong to the current application.
- Instantly access the desktop by hiding all windows.
- Find windows faster by displaying window thumbnail titles.
- Manage your windows by closing, minimizing, and restoring window thumbnails.
- Configure the user inputs that display window thumbnails, and change window thumbnail and performance settings.
- Quickly drag-and-drop items by holding them over window thumbnails.
- Display window thumbnails on multiple monitors.
TopDesk is licensed as Shareware for the Windows operating system / platform from desktop enhancement software and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after 14 days). The TopDesk 220.127.116.11 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the download of the full version.
This Window management software is filed under:
- TopDesk Download
- Software Reviews
- Major release: TopDesk 1.5
Compatibility with this Window management software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of TopDesk may be available from Otaku Software.
We have tested TopDesk 18.104.22.168 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]